There are several ways to enable free trials in Amberflo.
Create a free plan with metered usage. Track customer usage with the Usage API (https://docs.amberflo.io/reference/post_usage). Once the customer surpasses the free tier limits, redirect them to enter a payment method and select a paid plan.
Create a pricing plan with a free tier and paid tier. You can use the concept of 'Included Units' for each product item, where you offer the first 1-X units free and from unit (X+1) onwards, begin charging the defined rate.
Similar to #1, create a free plan with metered usage. Create an Alert to automate a push notification notifying when the customer has consumed the allotted free units. Notifications can be sent to the customer to upgrade via self-service or to account managers for traditional outreach.
You can offer further discounting and custom pricing options with Promotions (https://docs.amberflo.io/docs/promotions-discounts2).
See related from Pricing Plans and Product Items:
- How to associate meters with product items for use in multiple pricing plans
- How to enable usage limits with Amberflo
- How to see a customer's remaining prepaid balance
- How to update existing pricing plans with new product items
- How to delete a product item using the API
- How to make a support package available as an add-on to a our standard pricing plans
- How to enable custom or negotiated per unit pricing for customers