How to enable usage limits with Amberflo
In many cases, customers want to offer a free tier or free trial to spur adoption and help customers realize immediate value. To convert these users to paying customers long term, there needs to be a way to seamlessly block continued usage once the free credits or units are all consumed and prompt the user to provide payment information and select a pricing plan.
Amberflo allows you to enforce the concept of usage limits using Alerts. Create an Alert at the product item level for the resource you are looking to limit. Amberflo tracks and aggregates realtime usage and will fire an alert when the limit quantity is reached. This alert can be a notification to an account manager or customer success team member, prompting them to engage with the user. The alert can also trigger a webhook which can be used to automate some downstream action within your application such as blocking additional usage until the user provides payment information or upgrades to a higher paid plan.
See related from Pricing Plans and Product Items:
- How to associate meters with product items for use in multiple pricing plans
- How to see a customer's remaining prepaid balance
- How to update existing pricing plans with new product items
- How to delete a product item using the API
- How to enable free trials with Amberflo
- How to make a support package available as an add-on to a our standard pricing plans
- How to enable custom or negotiated per unit pricing for customers