To keep track of users added and removed, you can use the Running Total meter. You send a value of 1 when a user is added and a value of -1 when the user is removed. You can define a timeout period where the count is reset to 0 (such as the end of the billing period).
If you want to keep track of only active users, you could send an event each time a user logs on or takes some action in your application, then use the Unique Count meter (with username or other login info as unique-id) to track how many active users were seen during the billing period.
See related from Metering and Event Ingestion:
- How to measure a multi-step process using a duration meter
- How to track seat-based objects in Amberflo
- How to understand dimensions in Amberflo
- How to verify the accuracy of meter data
- How to track and bill for "high watermark" usage
- How to handle erroneous or incorrect meters sent to Amberflo
- How to find the meter-id for retrieving and deleting a specific meter
- How to delete meters that are no longer in use
- How to handle high volume high cardinality event streams