How to track seat-based objects in Amberflo
There are two options depending on how events are generated at the source.
You can use either the Running Total or Unique Count meter types. For information on meter types, seehttps://docs.amberflo.io/docs/meter-types.
Use the Running Total meter if you wish to report an event each time a user is added or removed. This is a static approach that would count users each period from the time they are added until they are removed, regardless of whether or not they actually log in.
Use the Unique Count meter if you send an event with each user login. Use the user login credential such as username or password as the Unique Dimension. This is a dynamic approach that would only count users during the billing periods that they actually logged in.
See related from Metering and Event Ingestion:
- How to measure a multi-step process using a duration meter
- How to meter the number of active seats or users for a customer
- How to understand dimensions in Amberflo
- How to verify the accuracy of meter data
- How to track and bill for "high watermark" usage
- How to handle erroneous or incorrect meters sent to Amberflo
- How to find the meter-id for retrieving and deleting a specific meter
- How to delete meters that are no longer in use
- How to handle high volume high cardinality event streams