Amberflo has a managed Salesforce app called Amberflo.io. This creates a bi-directional integration between your Salesforce and Amberflo accounts. Data created in one tool is easily transferrable to the other as needed by mapping objects in Amberflo to their counterparts in Salesforce.
Some key capabilities of the integration include:
- Automatically creating customers, pricing plans, product items, and discounts in Amberflo if created in Salesforce (and vice versa)
- Allow account managers to access comprehensive usage reports for each customer from within Salesforce
- Allow account managers to create new contracts/commitments and apply discounts from within Salesforce
- View, allocate, and manage customers' prepaid credits balances from within Salesforce
This guide will walk you through how to download and configure the application to connect to your own Salesforce instance and Amberflo account.
Empower Sales teams to on board and provision customers with flexible Usage-Based Pricing (UBP) and discounts
- Create a new customer, define and map custom customer traits to be sent to Amberflo
- Define a pricing plan
- Assign a pricing plan to a customer
- Define a custom promotion (discount) or select from existing ones
- Assign a promotion to a customer
- Track Usage and Revenue
- View invoices
- View usage reports
- Create customer prepaid credits and then track prepaid utilizations
The managed app has the following native Salesforce custom objects. They can be mapped to your specific implementation and custom set up of Salesforce. A common CPQ practice is to create a relationship between the Account standard object and Amberflo Customer custom object. By doing so, Amberflo features such as usage, pricing and billing become available in Salesforce.
|Salesforce API Name
|Product Item Price
|Customer (includes Customer Pricing Plan)
Our Salesforce managed app has a webhooks feature which enables realtime integration with Amberflo events. This is an inbound realtime feed from Amberflo.
- Customer updates
- New product items
- New pricing plans
- New promotions
- Prepaid credits and debits
- Ready invoices
- Changes in usage, revenue, and invoice amounts
- All interaction between Salesforce and Amberflo is verified via token access. If the token is invalid, the entire request is rejected.
- Token is stored in Salesforce in a custom setting that only Admins have access to.
- We do not have to allow any access to the instance though the Guest Site, except through the REST endpoint. There are NO guest users except for the Salesforce web hook endpoint itself. This is recommended by Salesforce.
Updated 16 days ago